**Please note this article may not be the most up too date, for the most up too date version please check the live link for this article here: https://glimesh.tv/about/conduct**
Rules of Conduct
We strive for excellence in every aspect of what we do with Glimesh, and we ask the same from our community. As a member of the Glimesh community, you are part of what forms the image of Glimesh and you represent our platform. We created these Rules of Conduct to define our standards which helps to ensure we have a safe and fun environment for the whole community.
As such, these rules will change and evolve as the community changes. These Rules of Conduct are minimum requirements, but we ask that you always treat your fellow community members with excellence and respect. We ask that all of the Glimesh community continue to build up our standards of decency for each other and for the platform as a whole.
We include some specific examples below to help elaborate on the idea behind the rule, but they are not all inclusive. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out on Discord or email our Glimesh Community Team at email@example.com.
Whether you are a streamer, a viewer, or something in between there is a minimum standard of conduct you must hold yourself to on Glimesh. Your actions and words on and off the platform define you as a person and can have consequences. The rules below are the standards for your actions and words while using Glimesh and apply to all stream categories, all chat/message content, and stream content.
Harassment & Hate Speech
Hate speech and the harassment or bullying of other community members will not be tolerated. Hate speech is any message or symbol that promotes, encourages, or facilitates the discrimination, denigration, objectification, harassment, or violence based on race, age, sexuality, physical characteristics, gender identity, disability, military service, religion and/or nationality. If you have to question whether your message violates this rule, don’t send it.
Examples of hate speech include but are not limited to:
- Epithets or slurs
- Statements that promote malicious stereotypes
- Comments intended to incite hatred or violence towards a group of people
- Links directed towards hateful, harmful, or harassing content
- Display of hate symbols outside of a video game or other educational content (e.g. Nazi symbolism, burning crosses)
Harassment is considered any message or activity targeting someone else with the intent to alarm, annoy, torment or terrorize them. If the streamer or another community member asks you not to make certain remarks, and you continue, that is harassment. If the streamer’s rules say such comments are not welcome, it is harassment.
Examples of harassment include but are not limited to:
- Any comment made towards another person with the intent to intimidate or frighten them
- Sexual harassment (e.g. asking for sexual favors, unwanted sexual advances)
- Promotion of self harm (e.g. telling someone to “go kill themselves”)
- Links directed towards hateful, harmful, or harassing content
- DOSing or attempting to crash/end a stream
- Creating accounts multiple accounts to interact with a streamer who has banned you from their channel
- Continuing any behavior that a streamer or other member of the community has asked you to stop doing
Threats and Harm
Content that could result in physical harm or death of you or another person is not allowed on Glimesh. Threats are any statement or action with the intention of inflicting pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action against another person. We take threats seriously at Glimesh and if we feel there is any warrant or credibility to a threat we will react accordingly.
Examples include but are not limited to:
- Performing stunts or activities without proper safety measures or safety equipment
- Promotion of or intentional self harm, including suicide threats
- Dangerous, excessive, and/or illegal use of alcohol or drugs
- Pranks or jokes that involve or result in self harm or the injury of others
- Threatening to SWAT or DOX a streamer or another member of the community
- Statements that you will physically harm or kill another person (e.g. death threats)
Sexually Explicit Content & Nudity
Content that is sexually explicit, pornographic, related to child nudity, or obscene and/or contains any sexual violence, harassment, blackmail, or exploitation is strictly forbidden on Glimesh. Links to adult sites that do not have a form of user age verification or user account creation before accessing content are also not permitted.
Sexually explicit content would be any content that is:
- Adult rated
- Contains detailed sexual elements
- Causes a sexually explicit reaction in chat that is unmoderated
- Intentionally appealing to prurient interest
- Driven by non educational sexual conversation
Content revolving around educational sexual themes is permitted but the key focus should be educating or advising the audience on sexual concepts, not entertaining with those sexual concepts. Any content with these elements should be marked as containing Mature Content.
To report an incident involving the possession, distribution, receipt, or production of child pornography, file a report on the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC)’s website at www.cybertipline.com, or call 1-800-843-5678.
Nudity may only be present in the specific instances outlined in the Special Types of Content section below. Nudity outside of these situations is strictly prohibited. Attire must be socially appropriate for the situation and scenarios cannot be manipulated in a way that allows clothing that would not be normal for the situation. Streams that are done in swim wear must fully cover the chest, buttocks, and genitalia. Streaming from nude beaches, public baths, restrooms, or anywhere that public nudity is acceptable is not allowed.
Profiles are your unique page to show off who you are and share a little bit about yourself. Your profile can be as detailed or brief as you’d like. With profiles and profile pictures we require that you follow the outlined rules above. We recommend that profiles do not contain sensitive personal information.
If any profiles found to not be following our Rules of Conduct, the Glimesh Community Team reserve the right to change the profile without notice.
Your channel category and tags must match the primary focus of the stream. Titles and tags cannot contain anything that would violate the Terms of Service. Glimesh Staff reserves the right to edit your title, category, and tags at their discretion.
The Mature Content setting is used to designate content that may be for mature audiences. This tag is required for certain types of streams listed in the rules but may also be used to mark your stream as a mature audience only stream at your discretion. All Rules and the Terms of Service still apply to channels with this setting. If your stream frequently contains mature content, you may want to consider permanently enabling this toggle.
Terms of Service Compliance
As a streamer it is your responsibility to ensure your channel, including your content, chat, emotes, and profile remains compliant with the Terms of Service. Inaction or ignorance towards Terms of Service violations could result in a ban. Doing nothing about a violation is the same as partaking in that violation.
Examples of this include but are not limited to:
- If you are in a game and someone starts using racial slurs you as a streamer are expected to mute them or request that they stop. If they will not stop, you are expected to leave the game or room and find a new one.
- During AFK and 24/7 streams, you will be held responsible for the contents of the chat even if you are not there in the stream.
Streaming live events without prior authorization from the event organizer is not allowed. Concerts, movies, or other public events are typically protected by copyright and live streams that stream these without permission are not allowed. If you have permission to stream an event please contact Glimesh prior to streaming the event to avoid confusion.
Special Types of Content
Nudity in Art
Art is allowed to have nude elements consisting of the chest and/or buttocks being exposed in a non sexual manner. Genitalia is not allowed in art in any form. Art containing any representation of a minor character or model nude is not allowed. Any art containing nudity must be a fabrication of the imagination and not visible nude models. Real life nudity is not permitted in any form. Any models being used for a nude reference must be either covered appropriately when on camera or must be off camera.
Nudity in Games
Games that contain nudity or brief sexual elements but the nudity and sexual elements are not the main focus of the stream or the game are permitted. Games that primarily focus on nude elements or sexual elements are not allowed.
Body art is allowed to be streamed on Glimesh under specific rules:
- Your channel must be marked as containing Mature Content if it will reveal the chest, require undressing, or contain gore elements
- You must be 18 or older to perform any body art that requires undressing
- Gore elements cannot appear as active bleeding or acts of self harm
- Before revealing the chest area, a layer of paint must be applied to the chest area and the areola must be completely covered to hide details and shape. The layer of paint may not match your skin tone.
- Shorts must be worn when focusing around the pelvic area. Garments typically worn underneath shorts or pants are not sufficient (e.g. underwear, spanx, sliders)
- Limit breaks to about 30 minutes for every 2 hours of streaming. If a break longer than this is needed in that time period, the stream must be switched to the IRL category until the body painting is resumed
- When taking a break, you must cover yourself either through other clothing or by utilizing overlays and camera framing
- When taking a break, add an indicator that you are on a break so the Glimesh Community Team can clearly tell you are on a break
Questions / Concerns
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to the members of the Glimesh Community Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We sincerely thank you for helping to make Glimesh the most amazing streaming community possible.